Cookies and Log Files
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We may use session ID cookies and persistent cookies to enhance our service to you. For the session ID cookie, once you close your browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our visitors to enhance the experience on our site.
We may use your IP address to analyze trends, administer the site, track the users movement, and gather broad demographic information (for aggregate use). Your IP address is not linked to your personally identifiable information.
Your information provided to us via our website is protected in the same way that all sensitive information of the Chamber is protected. The Chamber uses security procedures and practices including the use of firewalls to protect the data it stores on its servers. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. In addition, only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Links to other Websites
This site may contain links to other sites that are not under the Chamber’s control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. The Chamber is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process.
If our privacy practices change, we will make changes to this policy accordingly and post such changes on this page. We recommend you check this policy frequently to keep abreast of any changes.
Thank you for your Interest in the Chamber. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Acceptable Use. The Site and Service consist of a collection of resources for (i) people and organizations who have registered by mail with FACC (“FACC Members”), (ii) individuals who have registered for FACC’s employment service (the “Employment Service”) via the Site (“ES Users”), and (iii) passive visitors to the Site ((i), (ii) and (iii) collectively, “End Users”). Such resources include networking events for FACC Members, the Employment Service (which consists of an area on the Site where job offers can be posted by FACC Members and searched/answered by ES Users), certain membership benefits programs and J-1 visa programs, various content such as newsletters, event listings, advice and other information (“Content”), and a directory of FACC Members (“Directory”), and may in the future contain message boards and bulletin boards for posting information requests, hosting threaded online discussions, and publishing opportunities (“Message Boards”). Some of these Services are only available to FACC Members. It is a condition of Your use of the Service that You do not:
-Use any other FACC Member’s personal information (including, without limitation, other FACC Members’ name, phone number, email or mailing address) for any purpose other than in furtherance of the networking and employment objectives of FACC.
-Restrict or inhibit any other End User from using and enjoying the Service.
-Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
-Post or transmit any information or other material that (i) violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder, or (ii) contains a virus or other harmful component.
-Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes other than in furtherance of the networking and employment objectives of the FACC.
You understand that FACC has no obligation to monitor Your use of the Service. However, FACC reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in FACC's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. FACC reserves the right: (i) to release current or past FACC Member or ES User information if it believes that a FACC Member or ES User account is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed; (ii) to deny access to the Service to serious or repeat offenders of FACC policies or this Agreement; (iii) to deny access to the Service to End Users for conduct that FACC believes is harmful to other End Users or to FACC as an organization; and (iv) to deny access to the Service to End Users who interfere with the design and operation of the Service without written authorization.
3. Copyright. If You believe that any information or content owned by You, has been used on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FACC’s Copyright Agent with a written notice (e-mail is sufficient) that includes the following information:
-an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
-identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
-a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Site;
-Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
-a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
-a statement by You, under penalty of perjury, that the information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
FACC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site may be reached using the contact information set forth in Section 8 below.
Contact Information: The mail-in application form to become a FACC Member, as well as some areas of our Site, request or require contact and other information. During the application and registration process (for FACC Members and ES Users), we collect information such as Your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. Your contact information will be used to administer the FACC mailing lists and provide You with mailings that You have requested, and may be used to get in touch with You when necessary with respect to the Service or the Site or for other internal purposes. We may also use Your contact information to respond to inquiries You submit to us, or to otherwise fulfill the purposes for which You submitted such information to FACC in the first place. We may also share Your contact information with a court or governmental agency if required by law, as required by a court of competent jurisdiction or to the limited extent described below under “Certain Third Party Transactions”. Your contact information will be included in the Directory.
Profile Information: During the application/registration process, and at any time thereafter, you may also provide FACC with additional information about Yourself, other than contact information, such as information about Your business, Your interests, Your background and products or services You wish to provide or obtain. We may use this information to better target You with newsletters and opportunities that are geared towards FACC Members with Your particular profile, or to track the success of our Site and Service. Your profile information may be included in the Directory.
Directory Information: One core purpose of FACC membership is to have Your contact information and profile information disseminated to interested third parties. To that end, FACC makes the Directory available to other FACC Members as well as to members of other chapters of the French Chambers of Commerce and Industry around the world, and also makes hard copies of the Directory available to the public (typically for a fee but occasionally, with respect to non-profits and charities, at no cost). Therefore, if you do not want Your contact information or profile information made public in this manner, do not submit it to FACC.
Employment Information: In connection with the Employment Service, You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information either (i) about yourself such as Your skills, experience, age, education level, and job requirements, or (ii) about the position(s) You seek to fill, such as the sector, job requirements and qualifications. If You submit a resume and other information about yourself in search of employment, an anonymous summary of this information will be accessible to FACC Members who are employers potentially interested in hiring You. Information about job opportunities will be accessible by all FACC Members and ES Users. We may also use this information in aggregated form to provide FACC Members with statistical information about the overall community of FACC Members.
Corrections and Opt-Out: If any of Your information changes or is incorrect, or if You want to opt-out of receiving any communications FACC may send to You regarding the Service, the Site or otherwise, please email Your request to email@example.com, or mail it to the postal address located below.
Security: This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information You disclose online since a sufficiently powerful attack from an unauthorized third party could compromise Your data.
Certain Third Party Transactions: We may disclose Your information to third parties we engage to provide services that involve data processing on our behalf. Such third parties do not include advertisers or marketers that would contact or solicit You. We will only disclose Your information to such third parties provided that they adhere to the same restrictions regarding use of Your information as are set forth in this Agreement.
5. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall FACC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or Service. You specifically acknowledge and agree that FACC is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any End User. If You are dissatisfied with any material on the Site or with the Service, or with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
6. Disclaimers. The Site provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. FACC does not operate or control in any respect any information, products, or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this Site and the third-party sites, including without limitation all advice, research and other information, are provided for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied, and FACC shall not be liable for Your reliance thereon. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, FACC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Site, Service and otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. FACC does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. FACC does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
8. Contact Us. If You have any questions about this Agreement, the Service, the practices of this Site, or Your dealings with FACC, You can contact:
French-American Chamber of Commerce of FLORIDA
168 SE 1st Street
Miami, FL 33131
Phone number : + 1 305 374 5000
Fax number : + 1 305 358 8203
***Last updated on July 25, 2008