Want to host a J-1 Trainee / VIE?
Want to join the spirit of international exchange?
Want to work for an American company?
Exchange visitors gain practical experience, knowledge, linguistic competency, and cross-cultural skills critical to leadership in today's international business community. FACC members have the opportunity to add bright young professionals to their business operations and to strengthen their connections to overseas markets. All procedures will be easier with the FACC.
A foreign candidate with the offer of an internship or training program from an eligible company in the United States may apply for J-1 / VIE visa at the American Embassy in Paris. The J-1 / VIE visa allows participants in our program to come to the United States for up to 12 months as Interns or for up to 18 months as Trainees for full-time exchange programs at eligible FACC member companies.
The French-American Chamber of Commerce (New York Chapter) is a designated U.S. State Department sponsor of the Exchange Visitor Program.
• Companies Requirements:
- The host company must be a member of the FACC Florida. To become a member click here.
If your are already a member, please contact the FACC New York at email@example.com or by phone at 212-867-0123 to define which program is right for your intern.
- At least 3 full-time permanent employees on-site
- At least 2 American citizens or Green Card holders in the company
- Have sufficient structure and a dedicated manager on-site to provide proper supervision for the V.I.E.
- Develop an eligible Form DS-7002 Training/Internship Placement Plan
The number of J-1 visa candidates hosted must respect the following ratios:
- For small companies (up to 12 full time-employees), one J-1 visa candidate for every three full-time and on-site employee.
- For larger companies, the number of J-1 visa candidates must cost exceed 10% of total staff
The company will need to send the FACC NY the following documents:
Documents required from the host company
1. $1,000 for an internship between 1 and 12 months in duration
2. $1,500 for an internship between 12 and 18 months in duration
Documents required from the J-1 / VIE visa applicant
In addition, the candidate should enroll in one of the pre-approved J-1 / VIE Visa insurance providers below:
Send the documents to the FACC New York by regular mail or express courier service like FedEx or Chronopost.
• Candidates: once you have found your host company please contact the FACC New-York at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 212-867-0123 to define which program is right for you.
All procedures are detailed on the website of the FACC New York.